The HinterLands is a mining game, similar to Terraria or Minecraft, but created specifically for mobile devices.
The game is currently in alpha stage, and will continually be updated with additional features.
The short term goals are to include most of the mechanics from similar mining games, to provide the best experience on mobile devices. The long term goals are to add more focus on RPG elements, and to add additional multiplayer game play mods.
The game is being released as an alpha version to try to get feedback on features you want earlier on, based on feedback.
So please leave a 5 star review, and let me know what you would like to see developed first in the game.
Currently the Game Features:
• WiFi full Multiplayer
• Character Customization (boy, girl, colors of body parts and clothing)
• Basic randomly generated world, with dirt and grass,3 tree+wood types +stone
• Tools: Axe for chopping down trees and wood; Pickaxe for harvesting dirt/grass, sword for attacking enemies (wood and stone)
• Enemies: A tar enemy that damages you when bumped
• Saving and Loading World+ Player
• Inventory system
• Crafting system(initial) – craft craft tables, doors, and wooden tools! (craft trees into wood, use that to build stuff)
Currently Planned Upcoming Features (highest priority):
• Lighting system (Which will allow a use for torches, a day/night cycle, and better looking game)
• More Complex Crafting system (First torches, additional weapons, furniture)
• More complex world generation with more tile types (different metals, stone, zones, cave systems, layers)
• Water (physical flowing water, oceans, buoyancy)
• Multiplayer using “Google Play game services”, to remove limitation of only being able to play over wifi (without using port forwarding)
• Living tiles (to allow grass to grow on dirt tiles, trees to grow, ect)
• Chat system
Future Planned Features
• More complex customization of character (more hairs, outfits, ect)
• More complex world generation screen (options to make it more mountainous, more water, rich world, ect)
• More monster types
• NPC’s for quests, tutorials, and as pets
• Much larger worlds – that can have chunks generated when needed, and saved out in pieces, since Android runs out of memory with large worlds.
• Customizable user interface ( to allow moving around/sizing buttons)
• Different gameplay mods (PvP, to battle other players, Dota type tower defense, with creep generation from different sides of a world, and turrets)
• Use the left joystick to move around in the game
• Use the right jump button to jump
• Either click on a tile up to 4 tiles away to harvest it, or just click on a side of the screen to harvest tiles closest to you in that direction (because it’s not fun clicking right next to your character)
• You can save your world and character when you exit the game, which has the button inside your inventory
• Gather trees, turn into lumber, and craft tools. Hold down on a stack to split it(every 1.5s)
This is a WIP, so let me know what you want to see next and give 5 stars, and I can prioritize upcoming features. Thank you for playing and rating the game!